In 2019 the NHS agreed to fund the treatment, Luxturna, the first in a new generation of gene therapies for conditions causing blindness. It costs about £600,000 per patient to treat both eyes, though the NHS has agreed a confidential discount with the makers Novartis.
- COVID-19 Can Infect Penis Tissue And May Affect Your Boner – IFLScience
- Bolton Hospital A&E struggling with high demand as bosses urge people not to attend with minor issues – Manchester Evening News
- Coronavirus: Scientist claims preservative in AstraZeneca vaccine could explain blood clot link – Daily Mail
- Dont lock us down: Bolton coronavirus cases now highest in UK – The Bolton News
- Care homes in Bolton advised to continue lockdown measures – The Guardian